Specifications and dimensions of standard cable ties
Cable ties are a binding product widely used in electronics, electrical appliances, stationery, packaging, vehicles, aerospace, and other fields. They are made of nylon materials by injection molding or hot pressing. The specifications and dimensions of cable ties mainly include the following elements:
1. Width: The width of the cable tie refers to the width of the cable tie piece. It is usually selected according to the actual needs of use. Common cable tie widths are 2.5mm, 3.6mm, 4.8mm, 7.2mm, 9mm, 12mm, etc.
2. Length: The length of cable ties is generally measured in meters and is selected according to the use occasion and specific needs. Common cable tie lengths are 80mm, 100mm, 150mm, 200mm, 300mm, 500mm, etc.
3. Load-bearing: The load-bearing capacity of a cable tie refers to the maximum bearing capacity of the cable tie. Different cable ties have different load-bearing capacities. Common cable ties have a load-bearing capacity of 8KG, 18KG, 30KG, etc.
How to choose standard cable ties
1. Before purchasing standard cable ties, be sure to determine your purpose of use, and then choose cable ties of appropriate specifications and materials based on the purpose.
2. The bigger the tension of the cable tie, the better. When tying larger items, you should choose a larger cable tie, and when tying small objects, you should choose a cable tie with a smaller tension. Otherwise, the tension of the cable tie will be too great. It is difficult to tie small items securely.
3. Choose quality based on appearance. In addition to looking at the material and tension of the tie, you also need to judge the quality of the tie from its appearance. There are no edges or blisters, smooth and odor-free cable ties, more fine workmanship, better to use, and more durable.
4. During the bundling process, there should be no less than 10cm of extra length. Therefore, when purchasing a tie, make it larger than the actual length of the tie to avoid the tie being too short and not tight enough.
Dimensions of standard cable ties
In addition to the specifications and models, the length, width, and tension of the cable ties are also important factors in selection.
The length of the tie is determined according to actual needs. -Generally speaking, the length of the cable tie should be slightly longer than the outer diameter of the fixed object to ensure that it can be bundled tightly together.
The width of the tie should also be selected according to actual needs. If the width is too large, material will be wasted; if the width is too small, the stability and tension of the tie will be affected.
The tension of a cable tie refers to its tightening strength. Too much tension will cause the fixed object to deform or be damaged, while too little tension will cause it to loosen. Therefore, when selecting cable ties, you should consider the tension of the material and master the appropriate use method.